Stress Management Therapy in Bel Air, MD
What does stress do to my body?
Let’s face it, we all have stress in our daily lives whether it’s related to work, family, relationships, or environmental factors. Since we cannot eliminate stress we need to manage the mental and physical effects it causes.
Understanding the relationship of stress and illness is important to anyone interested in maintaining their health. Studies of the relationship between body and mind show how stress can cause physical problems such as
- Headaches & migraines
- Decreases immune system
- Muscle tightness or spams
- and host of other problems.
How can stress cause physical pain?
Stress whether chemical, emotional or physical cause micro injuries on a daily basis. These micro injuries can build up until they cause the symptoms mentioned above. Researchers have estimated that 80% of disease is stress related Stress can also intensify the pain caused by spinal misalignment. When the spine is out of alignment this cause issues with the corresponding muscles.
What is Treatment for stress?
First and foremost avoid stressful situations. In reality that is virtually impossible so we focus on healing the areas that are affected by stress.
- Massage Therapy
- A regular massage regime might be able to help prevent some discomfort..
- Massage therapy can help by counteracting the harmful effects of stress.
- Massage can trigger the relaxation response, relieving the negative effects of stress and restoring balance in the body.
- Some positive effects of the relaxation response include slower heart rate, deeper breathing more relaxed muscles, and better internal circulation and digestion.
- Misalignment of the spine is a result of stress so chiropractic adjustments will return the joins in the spine to full functional range of motion.
- Physical Therapy
- Once the spine is aligned properly physical therapy will be used to strengthen the muscles of the affected area to hold the alignment.
Sound good? Call 443-512-0025 today to set up your massage appointment or just ask us at your next visit!