Back Pain Treatment in Bel Air, MD
Back pain is one of the most painful and debilitating conditions. A leading cause of doctors’ visits and disability, nearly 80% of all Americans will suffer from back pain at least once in their life – whether it’s muscular, the joints, the discs or the spine itself.
Do you have back pain? Stiffness in your back? Difficulty playing sports, lifting, bending, etc? Do you have limited range of motion? Are you having discomfort when sitting for long periods of time or traveling? Are you having discomfort when sleeping? Is there pain numbness or tingling into your legs?
Treatment for back pain
If I ignore it will it go away?
- Back pain is not a disease in and of itself, but a sign of a more serious condition. (Think “check engine” light in your car.) The light is not the problem but the reason the light came on.
- If you try and cover up or just plain ignore the pain, the condition will likely worsen until it becomes permanent and spread to other areas of the body.
What can I do for my back pain?
A large percentage of back pain issues can be addressed and corrected through chiropractic adjustments.
- First identify the cause of back pain
- Our doctors will do a thorough exam
- X rays or MRI may be ordered
- Treatment plan with 3 purposes
- To relieve the pain
- To heal the condition causing the neck pain
- To strengthen and stabilize the body in order to prevent it from returning.
How do you do all that? Our providers will use multiple services and techniques that work best for you and your condition. Chiropractic adjustments, spinal decompression, physical therapy such as electric stim and manual therapy, physical therapy exercises, massage therapy, and acupuncture.
Dr. Shawn Lee and the other professionals at Susquehanna Spine & Rehab in Bel Air are trained experts in diagnosing and fixing back pain and other health conditions.
Back Pain Treatment Client Testimonials
I have had lower back problems for about 35 years. As I aged, they were getting worse. I also noticed I was over weight. I came to Susquehanna Spine & Rehab because Dr. Lee could address both issues as part of a unified plan. The diet regimen, chiropractic, and personalized exercises worked! One aspect of Dr. Lee’s care that I really appreciate is his thorough explanation of what is going on and why it is happening. He also explained how the treatment(s) will work. Lastly, I find the friendly, patient-centered environment very refreshing!
I began seeing Dr. Lee after noticing severe tenderness and pain in my left hip region. I scheduled an appointment and on my first visit he took x-rays but after noticing that there was a problem and it wasn’t showing on the x-ray, he sent me for an MRI. Dr. Lee continued to adjust me and see me as a patient to manage the pain I was having. I was lucky to find Dr. Lee when I did, not only did he help me discover that the pain in my hip was actually related to a mass growing uncontrollably but he also gave me the comfort I’d been searching for with chiropractic. I’d recommend Dr. Lee to anyone who wants to be pain-free!
I have had back problems for years. I have been to other chiropractors I have even gone to medical doctors no one has been able to make it feel any better. Then I found Dr. Lee I have finally found relief. I am feeling so much better after starting care at Susquehanna Spine & Rehab.
Why am I having back pain?
- Was there a sudden injury?
- Daily activities and life cause small damage each day. We call these micro injuries and they build and compound until there is a major injury. Most people refer to this as “throwing your back out.”
- Overuse: computer work, being a mom, weekend sports, yard work, etc…