Miracles Never Cease


Hang around chiropractors long enough and your bound to hear stories of how a patient who had been suffering from asthma, dysmenorrhea, ADD, colic, infertility, chronic ear infections and a whole host of other diseases had been seemingly cured with just a few adjustments. I’m sure most people file those stories away with other urban legends, but in fact they are true. Not everyone, every case every time, but ‘miracles’ happen everyday in clinics across the globe, and many happen here.

Really, it’s not that miraculous, it’s scientific. It’s all easily explained by neuropathophysiology. First, we must understand the nature of disease. Disease is caused by a bad interaction of our body with our environment. We are daily exposed to physical stress, chemical stress and emotional stress. These stresses affect our spine. Sitting in traffic causes our backs and necks to stiffen; putting up with your spouse will do the same. So does about 10,000 other things we do on a daily basis.
Many of you know that I grew up in Texas. Many of those years were spent in Houston. Four of which were in Pasadena. Yes the same Pasadena, TX that was home to Mickey Gilley’s where Jon Travolta rode the mechanical bull and met Sissy. The same Pasadena that is home to numerous chemical spills and fires. When there was a spill, the alarms would go off triggering Shelter In Place. Everyone was to shut and lock their doors and turn off the AC; the emergency radio would go on and we all waited anxiously.
When our spinal joints are offended, they become hypomobile (less mobile). This leads to biomechanical stress that causes cellular damage that causes cell walls to break spilling their guts everywhere exposing intracellular fluid (in other words, a toxic spill), triggering the firing of nociceptive nerve fibers and an endocrine (hormonal) response.
Nociceptive nerve fibers travel up and down the spinal cord exciting the Autonomic Nervous System (think fight or flight) hampering digestion, reproduction, and skin health; trigger mast cells (histamine release-allergies) and a whole host of other issues. As they travel on to the brain, 10% go to the thalamus creating the sensation of pain. The other 90% goes to the hypothalamus were their signal is processed as nausea, dizziness, malaise, changes in digestion, respiration, heart beat and reproduction.
The endocrine or hormonal response is much the same. It also leads to the production of enzymes (chemicals) such as PGe2, TNF and other cytokines/eicosanoids. Doesn’t matter what they’re called, they’re bad news. They are the chemicals that lead to the outbreaks and symptoms of asthma, infertility, dysmenorrhea, colic and pretty much every other disease you could name.
Restoring full and complete motion to the joints shuts off the alarm and reverses the “spill.” Restoring full and complete motion to the spinal joints is the proprietary domain of chiropractic.
So there you go.  That’s how chiropractic fights disease. We fix the hypomobile joints that cause pain 10% of the time, but disease the other 90%. If you, a friend or loved one is suffering, we can help.


Testimonials

I have been having severe pain since 2014. I’ve had a full battery of x-rays/MRI done to diagnose my condition [as] severe arthritis. After I was prescribed an injection that I was told would take care of everything, the pain was back, worse than before. Dr. Lee reviewed my x-rays and MRI and set up a treatment plan... After the 1st visit my pain has decreased. I can already feel a big difference.

Before coming to Dr. Lee, my ankle pain would wake me up during the night because of its severity. Dr. Lee has helped alleviate the pain in my ankle. By performing specific exercises twice per week, the pain is non-existent!

I have been a patient of Dr.Lee's for about 10 months now. As a 22 year old, I have been suffering from back pain since I was about 13 years old. The pain increased a few years ago and despite physical therapy performed at other facilities, and pain medications from the doctor I was unable to control the level of discomfort. I found Dr. Lee and have been extremely happy with my results.

I came to Dr. Lee with several aches and pains. I was nervous about receiving chiropractic treatment but Dr. Lee eased my concerns by thoroughly making sure that I was a safe candidate for adjustments... After regular adjustments and Physical Therapy, my knee pain is gone, my elbow pain is gone, my ankle and wrist are improving AND I’m reducing the migraines I used to get too!

I began seeing Dr. Lee after noticing severe tenderness and pain in my left hip region... I was lucky to find Dr. Lee when I did, not only did he help me discover that the pain in my hip was actually related to a mass growing uncontrollably but he also gave me the comfort I’d been searching for with chiropractic. I’d recommend Dr. Lee to anyone who wants to be pain-free!

I have had lower back problems for about 35 years. As I aged, they were getting worse. I also noticed I was over weight. I came to Susquehanna Spine & Rehab because Dr. Lee could address both issues as part of a unified plan. The diet regimen, chiropractic, and personalized exercises worked!

Ever since I was a kid, I’ve had pain in my neck and shoulders... Now that I’m an adult, my pain continues, but Dr. Lee is helping me a lot. I have an appointment twice a week, and I can definitely tell a difference. I use pain management along with the tens unit and physical therapy. All three of these services are working great and I’m definitely feeling better.

I have had back problems for years. I have been to other chiropractors I have even gone to medical doctors no one has been able to make it feel any better. Then I found Dr. Lee I have finally found relief. I am feeling so much better after starting care at Susquehanna Spine & Rehab.

I began seeing Dr. Lee because of a shooting pain I developed in my left heel... After a brief examination, Dr. Lee explained to me that my pain was being caused by Plantar Fasciitis... Shortly after Dr. Lee began treating my heel, I noticed that I was experiencing less and less discomfort. In a few short weeks, I was able to continue my exercise routine and enjoy my daily activities pain-free!

When I came to Susquehanna Spine & Rehab I was very skeptical. After only 2 weeks at Susquehanna Spine and Rehab the severe pain in my neck, shoulder and arm had greatly improved … NO MORE PAIN! I can now sleep through the night without waking up in pain! THANK YOU SUSQUEHANNA SPINE & REHAB!!!

My daughter started falling up the stairs at school and having severe knee pain for no apparent reason... Dr. Lee did a thorough exam and walked us through his entire treatment plan. Every appointment was made at a time convenient to my schedule. Heather has made wonderful progress and is now pain-free. Dr. Lee was always available for questions and kept me well informed of her progress.